Monday, December 12, 2011

"He Knows My Name"


               
            A few days ago I wrote about the Ugandan Orphan's Choir that I met this summer.  As I watched these young people, so full of hope and expectation in life, I couldn't help but respond, "Oh, Lord, thank you for rescuing these precious children!"  They ended their concert with this song:
                              
  

 
 I have a Maker, He formed my heart;
                                Before even time began, my life was in His hands.
                                He knows my name, He knows my every thought;
                                He sees each tear that falls, and hears me when I call.

                                I have a Father, He calls me His own;
                                He'll never leave me, no matter where I go.
                                He knows my name, He knows my every thought;
                                He sees each tear that falls, and hears me when I call

  Since this concert, whenever I hear the overwhelming statistics about slavery and human trafficking, I 'm also reminded that God knows  intimately each man, woman, and child that lives in bondage. He knows their name; He sees their tears.  And that reminds me not to forget, to continue to care and keep working for the prevention of human trafficking, and the rescue of its victims.
                In my next blog, I will introduce you to young woman who is truly "one in a million".

1 comment: